Seawall Campground Overview
Seawall campsites are reservable up to 2 months in advance at 10:00am EDT. There are no first-come, first-serve sites. All campsites are by advanced reservation only.
From gentle walks along the rugged coastline, mountain hikes, tree lined carriage roads for biking and lakes for kayaking and canoeing, Acadia offers many opportunities to get outside and be active.
Park rangers at Acadia offer a variety of programs to suit every interest and activity level. Programs include walks, talks, hikes, narrated boat cruises, bike rides and more. Kids age 6-12 love Acadia's Junior Ranger Program.
A 27-mile, historic loop road system offers outstanding views of the park's ocean shoreline, coastal forests and mountain silhouettes.
The majority of this family-oriented campground's sites are for small and large tents; some sites can accommodate RVs up to 35 ft. in length. Maneuvering RVs in the campground can be very difficult. Seawall Campground was not designed to accomodate large RVs and trailers. Please read campsite details and warnings carefully before reserving a site. Accommodations cannot be made for RVs or trailers that do not fit in reserved sites.
Flush toilets, running water and a dump station are provided, as are picnic tables and fire rings. Roads are paved. A picnic area is located on the shore across from the campground entrance.
***Fee shower facilities and camping supply stores are located 1 mile from the campground. There are no showers in the campground. The use of portable showers is prohibited.***
Southwest Harbor is located on the west side of Mount Desert Island. The west side of the Island is considered the "quiet side" of Mount Desert Island. All the sites at Seawall Campground are wooded and within a 10-minute walk to the ocean. There are many beautiful and quiet hiking trails on this side of the Island, as well as Echo Lake, a wonderful lake for swimming, fishing, canoeing, kayaking and picnics. Acadia is comprised of a cluster of islands on the Atlantic coast of Maine. Mountains, lakes, streams, wetlands, forests, meadows and beaches are all found within roughly 50,000 acres comprising Acadia.
Acadia National Park is surrounded by scenic island harbors and quaint towns. Mount Desert Island, the Schoodic Peninsula, and Isle au Haut offer plenty of visitor services including restaurants, shops, museums, and tours. Please check with local Chambers of Commerce for more information.
Charges & Cancellations
- If a camper does not check-in at the ranger station by 10:00am check-out time the day after the scheduled arrival date, their reservation will be cancelled, the camper will incur a $20.00 service fee, and forfeit the first night's camping fee.
Making Changes to Your Reservation
- A $10.00 service fee will apply if you make any changes to your reservation.
Cancelling Your Reservation
- If you cancel your reservation the day before or on the day of your scheduled arrival date, you will incur a $10.00 service fee and forfeit your first night's camping fee. If you cancel your reservation 2 or more days before your scheduled arrival date, you will only incur a $10.00 service fee.
- If you cancel a group campsite reservation within 7 full days before the scheduled arrival date, you will be charged the $10.00 service fee and forfeit the first night's use fee.
- If you choose to check out of your campsite early, you must notify us in person at the Campground Ranger Station before 10:00am in order to receive a refund for your remaining nights.
Directions to Campground
From Boston, take I-95 north to Augusta, Maine, then Route 3 east to Ellsworth and on to Mount Desert Island. For an alternate route, continue on I-95 north to Bangor, Maine, then take Route 1A east to Ellsworth. In Ellsworth, take Route 3 to Mount Desert Island. At first traffic light on Mount Desert Island, bear right onto Route 102. Stay on 102 for approximately 11.5 miles. You will pass through Somesville and the town of Southwest Harbor. As you leave Southwest Harbor, turn left onto Route 102A and travel approximately 3.5 miles. Campground entrance is on the right.